1. Before choosing a protective mask, you should first fully understand the types and levels of hazards, and understand the impact of hazards on your health. When the application place of the protective mask belongs to the work, that is, occupational protection, you should understand the relevant laws, regulations and standards of the government and strictly follow them. When ordinary consumers choose protective masks for their daily use, they should pay attention to the relevant guidance provided by the government to help them choose the correct protective products; when such guidance is temporarily lacking, consumers need to take the initiative to understand the relevant knowledge of protection and be serious Read the instructions for use of the product, and consult the manufacturer and authority if necessary, to make the correct choice.
2. When choosing a respiratory protective mask for preventing particulate matter (such as dust, smoke, fog and pathogenic microorganisms from various sources, including PM2.5), first of all, you must choose a mask that meets Chinese or international standards to achieve Basic filtration efficiency.
3. In addition to filtration efficiency, another important factor is the suitability of your face. The prerequisite for effective protection is tightness. When wearing a mask, the leakage between the mask and the fitting part of the face is more important than the penetration through the mask filter itself. If you use it at work, you can use the "fitness test" to help you choose a suitable mask style. Every time you choose a new style or model of mask, and every year in the future, you need to do a "fitness test". According to the national standard GB/T18664-2002, the designated protection factor of protective masks is 10, which means that when the protective masks suitable for your face shape are used correctly, the protective masks are expected to reduce the concentration of pollutants by 10 times. If the hazard level is too high, or the 10 times protection level is considered insufficient, a full-face respirator that prevents particulates (designated protection factor 100) is required.
4. Consider some characteristics of your own wearing, usage habits and usage environment. For example, a foldable mask is easy to carry, and a mask with an exhalation valve is more suitable for use in a relatively hot environment or for use in hard work. In order to find the most suitable mask for you, you may try on several different styles of masks in the early stage, and slowly realize the suitability, convenience and comfort, and find the most cost-effective product.
5. A good anti-particulate mask is not only suitable for users, but also has a certain degree of comfort and durability, which is reflected in the slow increase in breathing resistance (large dust holding capacity), light mask, headband not easy to loose, and mask not easy to collapse , The nose clip or headband is firmly fixed and has no irritation to the skin.
6. Users should carefully read the product instructions and understand the relevant requirements. It is recommended to store unused masks in the original packaging. If used masks need to be stored, it is recommended to store them in a breathable bag, such as a clean paper bag.
7. 3M protective masks can usually be reused, but if you are worried that repeated use will cause disease transmission, you should discard them after one-time use.
8. In any case, when the mask becomes dirty, the parts of the mask are damaged, or the breathing resistance becomes obvious, it should be replaced in time.
9. 3M protective masks cannot be used after washing.
10. If you need to wear the dustproof for 8 hours, it is recommended to change it every day.
11. Do not share a mask with others.
12. After the mask is used, if you plan to reuse it, it should not be stored in an airtight pocket. When storing, avoid contamination of the inside of the mask (side of the face).
13. Conventional disinfection and sterilization methods usually damage 3M protective masks.
14. When folding longitudinally folding masks (such as 3M 9001), put your fingers on the inside of the nose clip and bend the nose clip to avoid the nose clip from breaking after repeated bending.
15. When the original packaging is used and stored correctly, the shelf life of unused 3M masks is generally 3 to 5 years. 3M's protective masks are currently designed for use by healthy adults.
If people with chronic diseases such as cardiopulmonary disease and other people with special physical conditions plan to use it, please consult a professional doctor if it is suitable for use.